It’s All About Pizza & Wine
Wine with pizza is like beer with fish and chips… it’s just meant to be
Salad Pizza Wine Pairing
A new style of pizza that’s growing in popularity for its presumed ‘healthiness’ is definitely the Salad Pizza. Just imagine a salad on top of a thin pizza. Popular greens on these salads include spinach and arugula which are topped with tart vinaigrette. This asks for a wine with even more tartness and ‘green’ flavors such as Awaken Sauvignon Blanc, crisp and refreshing with notes of citrus grapefruit and tomato leaves.
Chopped Salad Pizza
A tangy Italian chopped salad on a crispy flatbread pizza with tomato and mozzarella, aka Chopped Salad Pizza. My favorite food this summer!
For the Chopped Salad:
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cheese – feta, parmesan, or mozzarella are all nice
- Parsley – or any other herbs you like
- Italian dressing – see notes
- Pizza crust, such as Flatout Flatbread Crust
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salad: Chop all your salad ingredients and toss with some dressing. I like when it has a little time to sit and marinate together in the dressing.
- Pizza: Bake your crust for about 5-7 minutes at 375 degrees to get it crispy. If it needs more time, give it up to 10 minutes. Top with a light layer of sauce and cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Assembly: Top the pizza with the salad. Cut and serve. Yummy!
This recipe makes quite a bit of dressing, so you’ll probably have some leftover – which is fine by me because it goes well with just about everything.
For DELICIOUS homemade Italian dressing, blend these ingredients until smooth and creamy:
- 3/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons white vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon coarse salt (less if using table salt), 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 clove garlic
Taken from https://winefolly.com/tutorial/pizza-wine/