White Wine and Seafood
If ever wondered how to harmonize seafood and wine fear more! A white wine, better a Sauvignon Blanc like Awaken, has a complex mix of flavors that harmonizes well with a great range of seafood. Wonderfully dry and crisp, with a refreshing aftertaste they are perfect for serving lean, a baked white fish, for instance, works perfectly. Meaning plump, meaty clams and oysters are also an excellent choice. It’s especially nice with spicy food, with a balance of herb and citrus notes to echo the lemon, grapefruit, tomato leaves and lime, Awaken is a perfect combo. Contrasting freshness with the spicy taste, this is the perfect way to begin the summer and hit the beach. Check more about Awaken on Instagram and Facebook. And here is an easy recipe:
Spicy Baked Fish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil or grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut fish into four pieces and place in baking dish.
- Top fish with onions, green peppers, tomatoes, and seasoning. Bake until fish flakes, about 20 minutes.
- 1 lb. cod fillets, fresh or frozen, skinless and thawed (other white fish like tilapia, flounder, or scrod works, too)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. oregano